1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

new to linux - seem to have lost or put all my openoffice files in read only mode

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by zebracandy, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zebracandy

zebracandy Thread Starter

Help! I just got my first linux computer, an acer aspire one and its been great for the first few weeks and today I seem to have done something that has put all of my open office files in a different location and in read only mode. The first time it happened I was able to restart and everything was in the right place. The next time i restarted, everything disappeared again. not really sure what to do next.... please help! Really important documents have gone missing!

2. zebracandy

zebracandy Thread Starter

ok, now i'm actually going to cry, the whole thing has frozen up. :-(

3. garyduel

garyduel

I can only commiserate with you i have the same laptop for various reasons and to try to get it to do anything other than what is installed on it basically as default, is a nightmare
    I hope someone helps you i would if i knew how

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752148

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice