1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New to LINUX

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by Justinl, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justinl

Justinl Thread Starter

Hey all, I'm interested in learning Linux and would like a distro that is user friendly, but still allows me to learn the command line interface. I have Red Hat 9 but i'm not married to it.

P.S. I am also looking to install Linux on my laptop which has integrated wireless G. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :cool:

2. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

To be perfectly frank here, I'm going to suggest gentoo or debian. THe thing with these two is that you need to learn more. Once you sucessfully have installed either of these systems, and have gotten them set up to your liking, you will find yourself being much more knowledgable than your average Mandrake user.

3. utanja

utanja

i agree .. (y) ....for may years i use RedHat from ver 5.2 to 9 as well as fedora 1....probably a period of 10 years span.....i switch to debian earlier this year and in the short time learned more than the entire period with redhat...
    :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271737

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice