1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New to networking - newbie question please help

Discussion in 'Networking' started by aimlesspee, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aimlesspee

aimlesspee Thread Starter

I have a server with Windows Server 2003 on it.. it's a small office of 4 computers.. will my server software be capable of managing my offices e-mails? Like.. all the e-mails i see the other people in the office will see? And could i make individual e-mails for them as well? How does e-mailing work when it comes to server software.......

I want to centralize EVERYTHING in my office

Thank you

2. lefty.crupps

lefty.crupps

a bit extreme of a question for a "newbie please help" ...
    each user can have their own email address, and interoffice email can be setup. for email to enter/leave the building and interact with the outside world, you need an MX record setup with a DNS provider like GoDaddy or whomever sold you the www.mycompany.com name; this tells the outside world where to actually point the emails they're sending you.

I'd recommend a basics book or hiring someone, or else you'll get really frustrated, at which point you can become a network technician by trade ;)

3. aimlesspee

aimlesspee Thread Starter

I am in California........ on how average how much is it for a tech guy? I've been aware that i would need to get a guy to set up my local network.. i have a guy that does that work next door to me but he is really slow

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536508

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice