New to removing Viruses, Spyware and Malware on Windows 7. Please help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

almightynsx

Hello. My name is Joseph. I'm new to understanding how to remove malicious threats. I started this thread to find out how the step by step procedure works when it comes to removing threats from a Windows 7 operating system.

If someone would be kind enough to teach me the process from basics to advanced that would be nice. I suspect I have a virus on this system now. I would like to find a way to remove this threat, if I do actually have one. But keep in mind this is to teach me how to get rid of these threats more than just removing them.

The problem I seem to face is that my system slows down after awhile of use. also after I format my computer with windows 7 my internet speed slows down. One thing I did notice is that I see alot of unusual activity after I format. As in files will download when I did not ask them to.

My computer habbits are usually downloading online (torrents.) And browsing the internet with light gaming. When it comes to torrents I really want to start staying away from them because of being told they are flooded with viruses and such. So that should change. But the reason I mention that is so that you know that my idea is that I downloaded a very powerful virus that just keeps coming back to my system even after a format have been made. Other than that, that is all I can say about my computer.

So without further adieu I will post my system info like I was requested when I sign up for the site.

Thank you very much your all your help.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 6143 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 461940 MB, Free - 412325 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., G72GX
Antivirus: None

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online