New tool for us PC junkies

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bassetman

Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten
I wonder if it's ad and spyware free!:eek:

I had the Xupiter on my PC, and have no idea where I picked it up from.

John

griffinspc

I'm not familiar with Xupiter but I ran ad-aware and got no hits. What is xupiter?

pyritechips

Jim
Gone but Never Forgotten
I had the Xupiter on my PC, and have no idea where I picked it up from.
Hi John:

I had Xupiter also. Guess what? Spyware doesn't come only from downloads. When I got mine I had d/l'ed nothing. It came from a webpage I had browsed while looking for a certain picture (and no, it wasn't XXX).

Fortunately I noticed a new toolbar on IE and immediately ran spybot, which nuked it dead!

I down loaded this in mid Dec without getting xupiter. Agree it is a very nice program. As to other spyware with it I don't know.

jm100dm

i had xupiter on my computer ,and i know where it came from. i downloaded grokster the p2p software,and that's where it was.

no problem bassettman, had to live with xupiter for a while,that is until i found this site,and the people in here were very helpful, finally got rid of it.thanx people.filefreedom also comes with grokster, and won't let you just delete it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online