New User help text

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
To help new users find their way around here, I've added the following messages to vb3. I'm open to suggestions on what to add, but I don't want to make the text so long that no one will read them. Because I'm copying and pasting, links don't show up, but I'll underline them to give you the idea.

If the user isn't logged in:
HELLO AND WELCOME! Before you can post your question, you'll have to register -- it's completely free! If you just want to browse through the existing questions, just select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. If you have any problems, drop us an email at [email protected]. Enjoy!
If the user has fewer than 5 posts and is looking at the main listing of forums:
Welcome (username)! To post your question, simply choose a topic below. If you've already posted a question, you can find it by choosing Subscribed Threads from the Quick Links menu at the top. If you have any problems, feel free to contact [email protected]. Enjoy!
If the user has fewer than 5 posts and is looking at the listing of threads in a forum:
Want to ask a question, (username)? Click on the big "New Thread" button just below this message! If you've already posted a question, you can find it by choosing Subscribed Threads from the Quick Links menu at the top. If you have any problems, feel free to contact [email protected]. Enjoy!
Finally, if the user has fewer than 5 posts and is starting a new thread:
IMPORTANT! READ THIS FIRST!

By posting here, you are agreeing to abide by our Forums Rules. Specifically, DO NOT post questions concerning any illegal activity, including: Kazaa, BearShare, P2P file sharing, or hacking. Also, you may not post requests for CD keys or serial numbers. Thanks for your understanding!

Please include as much information as possible with posting, including your operating system (Windows 98 or XP, for example). If you're getting an error message, please include it exactly, word-for-word. The more information you can give us, the easier it will be for us to help!

Here's another thanks to Candy who fields those HUNDREDS of emails sent to [email protected]!!! THANKS CANDY!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online