New user needs help...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

draser

I'm new to Linux and would like to install Mandrake 9.1.

Below is my configuration that I would like to install it on:

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe DDR400/875P
(2) Seagate 80GB 7200RPM SATA (Raid 0)
Sony DRU510A DVD+/-RW
Toshiba 16X DVD
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
Creative Labs Audigy

I'm mostly concern if Linux will work with serial ATA hard drives with Raid 0 supported by my motherboard. Also, what about the Intel Gigabit LAN on my motherboard?

Thanks!

draser

Just found out that serial ATA will be supported in Mandrake Linux 9.2.

Hmm, you are definatly a power user. Welcome to Linux. With that much room if you wanted it'd be quite easy to dual boot, which is somthing to consider if you are uneasy about using linux. When you are new, even the simplest things (getting on the internet) can be scary. Stick with it and stay happy (though you will be suing mandrake which is quite user friendly.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online