1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

new user profile added randomly...

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by versastyle, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. versastyle

versastyle Thread Starter

I woke up this morning, logged into my computer under my profile christina and noticed that all my shortcuts on my desktop were gone...except the normal icons that show up before you start adding new stuff. I looked at My Computer and noticed a new profile folder was created under documents and settings called christina.NONE-ANJDQ3V9O9. I noticed that my downloaded icons from the desktop were in this folder so I added them back to my desktop and they work fine. I also noticed that all my bookmarks in both IE and firefox are all gone and I had go through the internet set-up again. So what it looks like happened was that whatever or however this folder got created, it refreshed my entire desktop and internet settings. When I go to the task manager and say change password I notice that it tells me that im using the user christina.NONE-ANJDQ3V9O9 when I logged into the user christina this morning. Im just wondering why this folder was created and how. Or if there is anyways to get back to my old user profile and my old settings back. Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for all who reply.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/572120

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice