New user profile

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Walter Blum

I keep getting a message that a particular program, like Windows Explorer and Firefox, is "closing down." No explanation. I've been told my user profile has become corrupted and I need to create a new one, which I understand is a common problem. But is it wise to create a new profile? I'm concerned I won't get back Windows the way it was before. If I do create a new profile, should I use Restore afterwards?

daz1

Banned
i would not say it is a common problem try to track down the error code created by going to start control panel administrative tools event viewer system this will give you code relating to the crash

Walter Blum

Thanks for the advice about checking the Event Viewer. I've never done that before.

OK, I picked up the error code, which is 7000. Now, what do I do with that information? Is there a web site where I can plug in the code number and be told what it's about, and what to do about it?

Walter

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online