1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Version Of Synaptics Touchpad Driver Released

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by flavallee, Nov 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    Frank
    The Synaptics site has released a new version of its driver for those laptops that have a Synaptics touchpad. Version 7.12.7.0 has been released to replace version 7.8.10.0, which was released in January 2004. The driver update for all versions of Windows can be downloaded from here.

Once the file has been downloaded, it will need to be unzipped to a folder. Once it has been unzipped, double-click the "Setup.exe" file to activate the install process. The update will overwrite and install over the current driver version. Reboot afterwards. You can then delete the original unzipped files.

2. tj416

tj416

Thanx for the info.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

What would be helpful is a reason I might want this driver. Does it have some special attributes that will enhance my enjoyment of the laptop? :)

4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    I have no idea. I was just posting the driver update for those who might want to update their Synaptics touchpad driver.

My laptop has a Synaptics touchpad, but I mostly use an external cordless mouse with it, so I keep the touchpad entries in the MSCONFIG "Startup" tab unchecked. It still works fine without those entries enabled, but it limits its functions.

5. JohnWill

I'd love to be able to disable the stupid tap recognition on the pad, but the current one I have doesn't allow that. :(

6. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    As long as I can move the mouse arrow around and use the left click/right click buttons, that's all I care about with this touchpad.

7. JohnWill

Like I said, that's how I'd "like" it to work, but I can't disable the stupid tap on the pad to simulate a click. :(

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/298284

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice