new video card, now blackscreen or BSOD on boot.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

darthrevan945

How much RAM? does your computer have?

If I am reading your computer specs. right and after doing a Google search, your Laptop has 512MB rams and that is not nearly enough to run WIN 7, you need at Least 2GB RAMs to run Win7 properly and that is why you are able to use XP and you get a black screen in Win7.

Ray

darthrevan945

i have used windows 7 perfectly with only 512mb using a 600mhz P3 and had no issues, so that is not the case.

it works fine with my onboard card. windows 7 just will not take the video drivers. its a desktop not a laptop. but it does have 1gb.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online