New video card problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hambone34

System specs i can remeber:
RAM: 512 MB
Power Supply: 500W (pretty sure)
Motherboard: fairly new, top of the line in 2003
I recently got a new ati x700 pro video card for christmas. i followed all the instructions( removed old drivers) in the manual and replaced my old geforce2 with it. i boot up my computer and everything is going fine. the windows screen comes up with the blue bar moving left to right for a while, then my computer restarts on its own. it does that for a while and then after a few times a new screen comes up with safe mode and return to last working state ect. so i try safe mode and a whole bunch of words go flashing across the screen, it pauses, then restarts into the cycle again.
BTW i read in the manual about updating drivers so an AGP card could run, i figured i already had an AGP card in and didnt need to update. (in order to post on this website i had to fire up my old computer)
ive already tried putting my old card back in and it doesnt work, just gives the video beep error and wont show anything on screen.

Check at your MB manufacturer's web site to see if there are updates for the chipset drivers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online