1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New video card same speed as the old one?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by osterac, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. osterac

osterac Thread Starter

Hi,
    I recently got a new video card and replaced my old radeon 4890 with a geforce gtx 560. With the old setup, I was also running a geforce 8800 gts in a hybrid physx layout. I decided to keep the 8800 gts and have it handle physx for this config as well. When I got the new card in the first thing I noticed was that the windows experience index ratings, after being refreshed, were exactly the same (7.5 for gaming and desktop graphics).

I ran some benchmark tests with batman: arkham asylum and GTA 4 and got similar numbers to the old card. I then looked at GPU-Z and noticed that the pixel fillrate was showing up much lower than other 560s. Other reference cards do about 26 GPixels, mine does 11. I am on PCI-E 1.1, not 2.0, but I was under the impression that would not be a limiting factor for this card.
    Does anyone have any thoughts/advice on this?

My specs:
    Intel core 2 quad q6600 g0 @3.0ghz
    4GB DDR2 @900Mhz
    Abit IP35 pro
    1TB HD + 500GB HD
    BD-RE drive
    WinTV HVR-1850 Tuner
    EVGA Geforce GTX 560 1GB
    EVGA Geforce 8800 GTS 320MB
    OCZ 80 plus 600W PSU

SYSINFO Log:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 4094 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS, 320 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 953844 MB, Free - 338356 MB; I: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 68088 MB;
    Motherboard: http://www.abit.com.tw/, IP35 Pro(Intel P35-ICH9R)
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

GPU-Z shots:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks

2. Oddba11

Oddba11 It's My Birthday!

First Name:
    Jim
    Remove the 8800 and test again.

3. osterac

osterac Thread Starter

Removed the 8800 and tested again. Fillrate still shows up the same in GPU-Z, benchmark results in games are similar.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032354

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice