1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Virus Attack On Sept. 11

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by PCvirgin, Sep 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCvirgin

PCvirgin Thread Starter

I was watching the news recently. It mentioned the possiblity of a new viral attack on Sept. 11. I am wondering what do some of you computer savy individuals have to say about this possible threat. Is there any validity behind thier claim.

2. Alaska

Alaska

Just follow the usual good security measures all of the time.

Other than that the only thing I can say is: The vermon slime will not soon go away.

3. jbredmound

jbredmound

I was just reading an article this morning at Security Pipeline by George Hulme (SP?); he points out that there are no "cyberterrorism tools", just the same old stuff that every hacker uses. He also points out that it is easier to blow something up than create a significant web disruption.

So, like Alaska said, use good practices with your computer. Also, don't be paranoid, but keep your eyes open to things around you; that abandoned briefcase in the lobby or the car that's parked where it doesn't belong, and hasn't moved.

Just doing these things, I think, will make you feel more comfortable. ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163642

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice