The email program will be up to my hubby. I will try to get him to try Mail. Will follow up with the rest soon as.Hi, Ladysmith.
Glad to hear that the update went fine!
Are you experiencing any other issue regarding this computer?
1. About Windows Live Essentials
As for Windows Live Essentials you have installed in the computer, have in mind that it is no longer supported by Microsoft. The package includes several applications, e.g. Windows Live Mail which is discontinued since November 2014. That's the reason you are having issues with it. Windows 10 have other applications which you can try. Mail, for example, is an email client built in Windows 10. Of course, there are many other free email clients, if you want to have one, instead of send and receive email via browser.
The following is from Microsoft's page:
Considering the above, please uninstall Windows Live Essentials:
- Press the Windows key together with the R key on the keyboard at the same time, to open the Control Panel.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the window open and click OK.
- In the list of programs look for the program listed below, right-click the entry and click Uninstall.
Windows Live Essentials
- Select all the programs included in the package.
- Restart the computer.
2. Fresh FRST logs
After the above, please provide fresh FRST logs, so to check if everything is fine.
- Double-click on the FRST icon to run it, as you did before. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Press Scan button and wait for a while.
- The scanner will produced two logs on your Desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
- Please copy and paste the content of these two logs in your next reply (or attach).
There are no other issues with the computer at this time.