New viruses

Gram123

FYI
I received the following e-mail from our Head Office today:

A new virus has just been discovered that has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive ever! This virus was discovered yesterday afternoon by McAfee and no vaccine has yet been developed. This virus simply destroys Sector Zero from the hard disk, where vital information for its functioning are stored.
The virus acts in the following manner: It sends itself automatically to all contacts on your list with the title "A Virtual Card for You." As soon as the supposed virtual card is opened, the computer freezes so that the user has to reboot. When the ctrl+alt+del keys or the reset button are pressed, the virus destroys Sector Zero, thus permanently destroying the hard disk.
Yesterday in just a few hours this virus caused panic in New York, according to news broadcast by CNN. This alert was received by an employee of Microsoft itself. So don't open any mails with subject: "A Virtual Card for You." As soon as you get the mail, delete it.

Also: Intel announced that a new and very destructive virus was discovered recently. If you receive an email called "An Internet Flower For You,"do not open it. Delete it right away! This virus removes all dynamic link libraries (.dll files) from your computer. Your computer will not be able to boot up!!

Gram

It's a Hoax.

http://www.europe.f-secure.com/v-descs/vcredit.shtml

You should always check on sites like F-Secure or your own AV providers site when you recieve alerts and such like this.

I used to get caught out by these, and felt I was doing a service warning as many people as possible, but someone, a year or so ago from this site, gave me that link to F-Secure, and it is my first point of reference to any Virus warning!

Thanx for the helpful thought, though!;)

Gram123

Cheers Randy, you'd think our HO would know better than to just believe such things...

Gram

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts