1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Visenta Wireles Keyboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by meiloki_luv, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. meiloki_luv

meiloki_luv Thread Starter

I recently purchased the 2.4 Ghz Visenta Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad.... I spent about an hour browsing different versions of their site, from the visenta.us to visenta.com to their chinese counterpart and was unable to come up with a contact for product support. so I'm here.

The product itself, installed and ran just fine. There weren't any listed compatibility issues with it and my OS (which is XP). But when I use it the key bindings aren't as they should be, and the product didn't come with any sort of manual to fix it so... I'm stuck.

my current issue is that the shift function... does nothing. and the alphabet:
    abcd efg hijk lmnop qrs tuv wxyz ends up:
    abcd efg h512 30n6- qrs t4v wxyz

fairly certain the alphabet shouldn't have numbers in it. I'm not sure if this can be fixed. I can't seem to be able to access any of the programming behind the product, if anyone has any ideas, that'd be fantastic, otherwise I just spent $80 on a paperweight.

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    If you can try it on another computer and it does the same thing, return it for replacement or refund.

3. linkedimran

linkedimran

Did you check if the Number Lock button is on or off. By what you mentioned i feel that the Num Lock button is not on. When you switch from a traditional desktop keyboard to a wireless keyboard you need to turn on the Number Lock button as it typically off most of the times.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Indeed, it seems as if the numlock function is on. Those are the standard keys that double as the number pad when no number pad is present.

5. meiloki_luv

meiloki_luv Thread Starter

thank you for the replies, upon further inspection it seemed the num lock button, and the prnt scrn button were actually stuck. Popping the keys off and then snapping them back on seemed to do the trick. Problem resolved.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921335

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice