New Volume After Recovery Drive Created

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Guyzer

Guy
Okay, sounds like you got it deleted. Does it show an unallocated space now. If so you should be able to resize it using either disk management or EaseUs. If you are not sure then provide a screen shot with either program.

This is a recent snap of what shows when I run EaseUs Partition. It shows 1 unallocated partition and I have no idea what to do with it. Do you see any other issues along with that one?
I will say if I had any idea how much the new update would slow down my system I would have never allowed it to update.

dmccoy

Darrin
It looks like the 20GB partition is under the D: drive so right click on it and select select the ‘Resize/Move partition’ option.

Drag the left hand node of the partition bar all the way to the left so that it occupies all available space and then click OK. Then apply your changes to complete.

Then you also have a small unallocated partition of 283kb so repeat but select C: drive for this one. You can also do both steps at once and then hit apply.

Guyzer

Guy
It looks like the 20GB partition is under the D: drive so right click on it and select select the ‘Resize/Move partition’ option.

Drag the left hand node of the partition bar all the way to the left so that it occupies all available space and then click OK. Then apply your changes to complete.

Then you also have a small unallocated partition of 283kb so repeat but select C: drive for this one. You can also do both steps at once and then hit apply.
One thing at a time because I'm a bit confused...

Do I right click on the actual D drive, then select Resize / Move and move the slider to the left or on the un-allocated partition?

managed

Allan
Right-click on D and select Resize/Move then move the right-hand cursor all the way to the right and click Apply.
That will extend the D partition to the end of the drive.

dmccoy

Darrin
That is correct advise and then do the same thing for the c: drive.

Guyzer

Guy
The program won't complete the task. I suppose the trial is over because it takes me to a screen to buy it.

It's ok because I acheived my goal with your help and I appreciate it. " G " drive is off my dir tree and that's what I wanted.
I work in there a lot due to my photography and it was bugging the daylights out of me.
I'll mark this solved unless you have another idea.

This is what I see when I run Windows Disk Management...

Why do not you want to take advice from post # 20 by Darrin?
20.01 GB will be attached to the D: partition and will be available.
upload_2018-6-18_13-41-57.png

Guyzer

Guy
Why do not you want to take advice from post # 20 by Darrin?
20.01 GB will be attached to the D: partition and will be available.
I don't know what makes you think I don't want to take his advice. I clearly indicated that the program ( EaseUS Partition Master ) I was using won't allow me to do it because the trial period is over. The last screenshot I posted was taken after I used Windows 10 " Disk Management " which I clearly indicated as well. I don't have any idea how to do what he's suggesting if I use it. I've tried to figure it out but haven't been able to and I'd rather not make any mistakes. That's why I posted my issue on this site. Make sense now? *** peeps gotta slow themselves down and read everything sometimes ***

@Guyzer
"And I'm comfortable with it"
This is a proverb in my country which is applicable in cases when a given person accepts obvious inconveniences for fear that something may not go their way.
But there is also a nice Latin proverb - "De gustibus non est disputandum".
And let's agree that it suits both of us.
Best wishes.

Guyzer

Guy
I am glad you are satisfied. However as you can see the free version allows you to resize your disk if you decide to move forward or use the disk manager in Windows as another option.

https://www.easeus.com/partition-manager/epm-free.html
That is the same program you directed me to before. As my last post says the trial period is over I can't use it anymore. I also said I
was willing to used Windows Disk management but I don't know how. If you want to walk me through it I'm more than happy to follow you.

Guyzer

Guy
@Guyzer
"And I'm comfortable with it"
This is a proverb in my country which is applicable in cases when a given person accepts obvious inconveniences for fear that something may not go their way.
But there is also a nice Latin proverb - "De gustibus non est disputandum".
And let's agree that it suits both of us.
Best wishes.
Did you even bother to read my post above yours?
If that's the best you can do stay out of the thread. Too many cooks spoil the broth and Darrin has been doing a fine job.

From experience, mangling with the partition table it's best to do a backup of the disk before doing any modification. Even if dckeks knows what he is doing, still a disk backup is very helpful.

I have used gparted multiple times to resize and to easily make partitions when I'm too lazy to use CLI. It's a Linux program, so you have to use LIVE Linux distribution that includes it. I think Linux Mint includes it. It can resize NTFS partitions. The problem using gparted is it will state the modified NTFS partition as dirty, so Windows has to run a disk scan in order for Windows can use it. The program gparted is another program that you could use.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online