New Window Pop Up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RandyFreeze

When a new window pops up in IE 6.0 it will not show anything.
It is like Java is turned off or security settings or something but I have listed sites as trusted sites, I have also turned on the java options in the IE 6.0.

What can this be?

Hi Randy,
After this happens try clicking refresh... see if it works to post the page properly?

RandyFreeze

No - this does not work.
ALso it will not allow me to delete ie 6.0 to re-install either.
ALso, I cannot find the fix item referred to earlier.

Ouch.
Interestingly enough, I ran across something about this subject a couple weeks ago. I saved the text. Here it is:
IE6 opens blank (empty) windows
You probably have a broken entry in file associations.

Go to my computer, view/folder options/file types.

Scroll down to the URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocols, click edit twice and make sure the following is in the application used to perform action box:

"C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\iexplore.exe" -nohome

The same applies for URL:Gopher

DDE should be set to: "%1",,-1,0,,,,
Application should say: IExplore
DDE application not running should be blank
Topic should be: WWW_OpenURL

Mike Burgess MVP was kind enough to point out to me the other day that 'open in new window' is dependent on the following files, therefore you should ensure they are the correct version for your system, and correctly registered.

Run the following commands from start/run. Run each line individually. After each run, you should see a short message stating the command was successful.

regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 Shell32.dll
regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
regsvr32 Urlmon.dll

Note: If the IE repair tool is available to you (control panel, add/remove programs, highlight IE, select add/remove) - running a repair will often fix the above associations automatically.

Further note:

I thought installing Mozilla 0.9.2 (which, may I say, is damned SLOW to start up) was quite a polite event, especially considering the fact that I didn't allow it to take over any defaults as part of the install.

But still, I discovered that hyperlinks in emails weren't working properly anymore - IE was opening, but just to a blank window. No attempt to access the URL was made.

Somehow or other, WWW_OpenURL disappeared out of 'topic' in the default open action for the URL:Hypertext Transfer protocols and Gopher - nothing else was out of whack - go figure :-/
Are you not able to use the IE repair Option?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online