new windows media player11

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

begar2

I have downloaded WMP11 twice.....but when I open it it shuts down my computer....I have looked and looked and cant find the answer as to why so I am trying my favorite forum.....any info appreciated
Beth

I've also just downloaded Windows Media Player 11 and after a problem with FireFox 2 requiring some extra dlls to be placed in the Windows Media Player to get the embedded wmv files working and the file associations did not seem to work right for a while, might be firewall issue, not sure - working now.

But certain basics seem to be missing. We used to be able to click on the top right corner of the player and save files that were playing from the internet to our PCs - don't see this capability now. Not really a big deal since can download files before running wmp, but strange is there really no save anymore?

Can't remember, but what happened to the windows standard help / about to tell version. How do we tell what version we are running in WMP 11 ?

I am able to play DVD from my DVD drive - is there a way to save directly to wmv format using the Windows Media Player or do I need another utility to save the DVD content in .wmv format that I'm viewing? If so, any recomendations?

Thanks.

begar2

I still cant get wmp11 to start without my computer shutting down...it ticks me off that everyone else can use it but me

MysticEyes

Banned
begar2 said:
I still cant get wmp11 to start without my computer shutting down...it ticks me off that everyone else can use it but me
Are you kidding? Check put theses forums. WMP11 has been a nightmare for many, there's almost a new post almost everyday.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online