1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

new windows media player11

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by begar2, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. begar2

begar2 Thread Starter

I have downloaded WMP11 twice.....but when I open it it shuts down my computer....I have looked and looked and cant find the answer as to why so I am trying my favorite forum.....any info appreciated
    Beth

2. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Consider that a bad omen. I would not try to install it again.

3. Denver Dave

Denver Dave

I've also just downloaded Windows Media Player 11 and after a problem with FireFox 2 requiring some extra dlls to be placed in the Windows Media Player to get the embedded wmv files working and the file associations did not seem to work right for a while, might be firewall issue, not sure - working now.

But certain basics seem to be missing. We used to be able to click on the top right corner of the player and save files that were playing from the internet to our PCs - don't see this capability now. Not really a big deal since can download files before running wmp, but strange is there really no save anymore?

Can't remember, but what happened to the windows standard help / about to tell version. How do we tell what version we are running in WMP 11 ?

I am able to play DVD from my DVD drive - is there a way to save directly to wmv format using the Windows Media Player or do I need another utility to save the DVD content in .wmv format that I'm viewing? If so, any recomendations?

Thanks.

4. begar2

begar2 Thread Starter

I still cant get wmp11 to start without my computer shutting down...it ticks me off that everyone else can use it but me

5. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Are you kidding? Check put theses forums. WMP11 has been a nightmare for many, there's almost a new post almost everyday.

6. angel_diva19

angel_diva19

can you upgrade to it even you dont have windows 2005.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537797

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice