New windows not opening full-size

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

johnpaul

This problem just started today with my '98 box. When I open another window, it opens about a quarter of its normal size. I have tried stretching it out and holding Cntrl while I close it, but thats not working. What's the fix?

JP

Miz

Assuming you're referring to Internet Explorer:

1. Open Internet Explorer and go to a page with links
2. Open a link in a new window
3. Close the original window
4. Grab the sides/corners of the remaning window and stretch the it to the size and placement you want - don't use the maximize button which is a temporary setting and won't be retained
5. Close the secondary window

All future secondary windows should now open to the size and position of that last window you closed.

johnpaul

Thanks, Miz, and you're right about I/E. I'll try your fix tonight when I get home.

JP

johnpaul

It works like a charm, thanks. I think my problem was in not closing the original window first.

JP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online