1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

new wireless printer can't connect with router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by capella, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. capella

capella Thread Starter

Verizon router set up networking successfully with 2 laptops and printers, in-home.
    Tried to connect new HP Photosmart B210 with no luck. Almost all hair torn out.
    The wireless Network Test Report says that the "No Filtering" FAILED but looked into the router status and the MAC is disabled. Don't know what else the "No Filtering" FAILED could mean.
    There is no WSP button on the router as my printer suggests there should be for EASY connection. Ha!
    Please save what remains of my hair.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    are you running any security on the wireless WEP maybe
    Take the security OFF and see if connects then
    From what I have read if the printer has any issue connecting to a wireless connection it states "No Filtering" FAILED

3. capella

capella Thread Starter

Thanks for the response. Do you think I have to turn off the McAfee security in my laptop while I try to connect the printer?

4. srhoades

srhoades

No, the printer communicates directly with the router and should not be attached to your computer at all. What he meant was turn off the wireless security in the router and see if the printer can connect.

5. capella

capella Thread Starter

Thank you for the adivce. It makes sense but how do you turn off the security in a router? I don't have the first clue what to do.

6. Hughv

Hughv

I don't see an HP with that model number.
    Did you follow the set up procedure exactly? My HP 6000 required an Ethernet connection initially.
    Are you connected to the router?
    I'd say, start over and follow the directions carefully.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!