New Word 97 app window

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rockn

Is it possible to have two instances of Word running with two different documents? The boss wants to know if Word 97 will do this since he can do it at home with Word 2000. I just told him to tile them for the time being.

Anne Troy

Anne
Hi, Rockn!

Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

It's called multiple-document interface and single-document interface.

Scoop:

Word 2000, by default, shows one taskbar button for each Word document. There's really only one session of Word running tho.

Word 97, by default, uses the Window menu to jump back and forth between files...

I don't see any reason he can't have to sessions of Word running in 97, but he'll have to do it manually.

Most people complain about the multiple buttons. Believe it or not, you can change this same exact setting in Excel 2000, but MS has NEVER provided the setting in Word 2000, but they finally provided it in 2002.

I don't see any reasonable way to emulate this, unless the boss is wanting to use it on files he uses all the time, then I suppose you could change the shortcut to a doc to open the Word app first, or I could get you a bit of code you could put on his Word toolbar that could launch another instance of Word or something.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online