1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved new xbox one s console to use on windows 10 pc

Discussion in 'Games' started by ASte, Sep 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ASte

ASte Thread Starter

Hi,

I am new to this forum and new to xbox (or any gaming). And I am not very proficient with IT.

I just bought a new xbox one s for my son's 12th birthday today, and... we cannot even connect it properly! Please help...

I have a dell xps computer and windows 10.

We connected the console to the mains and the HDMI cable to the OUT in the console, and to a HDMI port in the pc monitor.

I then connected the console to the router with an Ethernet cable, but later disconnected it, being unsure.

I can turn on the console and the controller.

I then opened the xbox app and clicked on the connections icon, expecting to see my console listed. This not being the case, I had to add + console.

At this point I am asked to type the IP address. I went to Settings, Network & Internet, Status, Change Connection Properties and, scrolling down, I found, under "Properties" the IPv4 address.

However, after typing this address in the box of the xbox page, I got this error message:
    "We are not able to find an xbox one console with the IP address provided".

... and we are stuck! ... on the actual birth-day!

Can anyone help? Please!

Thank you so much.

Stefano

2. elitetechsvc

elitetechsvc

First Name:
    Aaron
    I'm not an xbox expert, but I'll help with what I know.

An xbox and a computer are 2 different things, I don't think it's made or there's a need to hook an xbox through a computer. That's not saying you can't use a computer monitor for it, but the computer wouldn't have anything to do with it at the xbox would plug straight into the monitor (or tv).

You will either need the ethernet hooked up or use wifi as the xbox can connect to wireless. If the computer and the xbox are connected to the same router/network they will see each other, but that's just to share media. The games for one can't be played on the other.

I think you just over complicated the whole thing...basically the xbox needs to be plugged into the wall of course, and the hdmi cable from the output of the xbox to the input of a computer monitor or tv....that's it. As you go through the xbox setup it'll help you with your internet connection.

3. ASte

ASte Thread Starter

Thank you very much! You couldn't be clearer and I couldn't feel more stupid!

4. Walsherop

Walsherop

Was about to ask the same thing. Thanks, elitetechsvc!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216298

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice