new york ticket email virus = missing operating system

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MazdaFE3

Hello to you all. I am working to figure out what my girlfriend did to her HP mini 100 notebook.

Today, she called me in a panic telling me that she opened a email stating that she has received a speeding ticket in the state of new york. She unfortunately proceeds to open that email AND then the attatchment :( . She said approximately 20-25 new windows opened up and the computer lost all response to try and close these windows. She reboots and after the screen that allows you to enter the bios and/or select boot device you are immediately greeted with a black screen saying "Missing operating system.

When entering the screen to select boot device there are only two choices. One is "SATA:pM-SanDisk pSSD 16GB" and the other is "USB: JetFlash Trancend". Choosing either of the above yeilds the same result = Missing operating system".

Can anyone here express any resolve for something like this? Has anyone heard of this before?

Thank-you very much for any replies regarding this as I appreciate it greatly.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online