1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

newbe here...IE9 issue

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kahanabob, Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kahanabob

kahanabob Thread Starter

windows 7 HP laptop 64bit quad core, came with IE9 installed.
    First off IE9 is not compatible with Chase banking, could not log on and called Chase tech and was advised of above and to use Firefox!!!!
    Second, apparently an update i installed (according to a techie i know) mucked up IE9 runs slow as dial-up now. i did everything, scan with bit-defender, run C Cleaner, defragment, uninstalled the last update i did, re-boot and nothing worked. Firefox works fine......
    Anyone have smiler issues?

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I have Chase credit cards, and their site works just fine with IE 9.

You're saying the same exact web page loads significantly slower in IE 9 versus Firefox 8?

3. kahanabob

kahanabob Thread Starter

yes! the Chase tech said some users have an issue with IE9 logging into their Chase account.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I can guarantee "some users" have trouble logging into their Chase accounts with every single browser out there. It clearly isn't a complete incompatibility.

Check your add-ons, and disable them to see if that fixes the issue.

5. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

6. kahanabob

kahanabob Thread Starter

tried all of above no luck.....will take to my techie friend for further diagnoses, will advise outcome.
    Getting used to Firefox seems when i type in any forums Firefox contains spell check, pretty cool.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027577

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice