newbie here need help with file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kerrfam

Perflib_Perfdata_f0.dat
This file keeps showing up in my TEMP Folder.
I can't track down what is installing it.
I have used several spyware programs and anti-virus programs to remove it.
I load window in safe mode and can delete it but when I restart it appears again in the temp file. also my hard drive sometimes just spins and spins like something is scanning it.
Please help.

:eek:

It is a performance log file, probably from your firewall program. What firewall are you using?

In any case, it is a normal file and belongs there. Many programs use the temp folder for files while they are running, which is why Disk Cleanup only deletes files that have been there for a few days since they may still be in use.

Unlocker may be able to tell you what program is using it. Or try OpenedFilesView to see all open files and what has them open.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online