1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Newbie need some Bios Guide`! & monitorc screen probel

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chrischam, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chrischam

chrischam Thread Starter

B4 you read my questions, pls tell me where to get the info u want me to get any. im newbie at this!

Is there such thing as Bios update?? I've run the search, it seems there is such thing, but i want to make sure whether my problem will be solved after the update!

well, whenever i switch off the computer, or unplug the power cable..
    everytime i want to start, the bios setup will appear, its nothing actually, but the thing is, the date system will always go back to jan 1st 2000 and the time will go 00.00.00..
    is that fixable?

another problem, when i start my monitor, firstly the screen is working perfectly and its clear, then slowly it will start to become more blurry.. and more blurry.. any solution to this?

2. johnsonwk2

johnsonwk2

3. chrischam

chrischam Thread Starter

thanks john, can u tell me whether this will fix the date system thingy.. cuz flashing bios is very very risky task! I don't want to lose a computer!

and, the monitor screen, it has not been fix..
    should i bring it to the TV shop and fix it??
    can anyone tell me tv and computer monitor, are they similar? cuz i want to make sure that the tv guy wont harm my monitor...

4. K'Mort

K'Mort

have you checked the battery in your PC?

5. mt2002

mt2002

The date/time problem sounds like a failing CMOS battery. You might need to replace it.

Please see this site for instructions.

6. chrischam

chrischam Thread Starter

pls close this topic, thanks!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/701689

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice