1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Newbie needs help

Discussion in 'Games' started by MyPCisntworking, Jul 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MyPCisntworking

MyPCisntworking Thread Starter

(Im not a native english speaker so dont look at my grammar too much thx xD)
    Hello,
    After researching for many hours on the web i came to the conclusion: I have no idea what the problem is and no one can help me.
    Im not a computer expert, but ill try to post my specs here:
    graphics card : GeForce GTX 970
    Prozessor : Intel Core i5-4590CPU @3.30GHz
    Ram : I think 8GB ddr3 (is it called that way ?^^)
    from the rest i got no idea, buuuut, i bought this pc as a whole at a pc shop.
    The guys said, that the PC is good and ill be able to play a lot of games in high-medium graphic settings.
    The Problem as u may already be thinking is that its not as it should be.
    And before you say: check youre drivers , or do you have the right cable plugged in?- YES i have :).
    Everything should be working fine (no overheating as well) , but all my games are even lagging, when i turn everything on low or off. I have no idea what to do and im really frustrated.
    Is some component too bad , do i have a programm that blocks everyhintg, am i retarded?- idk but i hope you can really help me :)
    Im open for any suggestions, but explain everyhintg really good im not a computer expert after all ;).
    The games are : BO3 , Black Desert online, Overwatch, LeagueofLegends, and a few more.

Dears Alex

2. peterh40

peterh40

First Name:
    Peter
    What speed is your network? Is it wireless or wired?
    Are there any background programs running? Slow anti-virus etc?

3. MyPCisntworking

With speed i guess u mean that: i got a 50 000 M/Bits internet thing
    yes, it is wired
    and i got Free AVG as antivirus+ i dont think there are any other background programms.

I found out that my (dont know english word xD) thing that gives my pc energy , has 750 W
    + i cleaned it

4. peterh40

peterh40

First Name:
    Peter
    Hum, difficult to see what else to check.
    Are the games, you play all multi-player or, single-player or a mixture. Do they all run slow, or just a few?
    If multi-player, then it could be the server's fault rather than your pc...

5. MyPCisntworking

Hm singleplayer games run very smooth, but openworld games start to get a little big laggy , and when it gets to open world online, i can put my pc in the trash can.
    I read that it could be the prozessor, because open world games need to render much stuff at the same time.
    I hope this info helps a lil more xD,
    Thx for your help peter :) (was a littel busy last days)

6. peterh40

peterh40

First Name:
    Peter
    I personally, would add more RAM as that would give a more noticable speed increase, then I would look at a better graphics card, I tend to go for mid-range/priced cards at between £80-£120 quid (US $100-$160). If thinking a new CPU, then its worth replacing the PC, as a new CPU tends to mean a new motherboard as well...

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1193300

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice