1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Newbie Question - HELP!

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Anubis208, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anubis208

Anubis208 Thread Starter

Hi! I'm new to working with website design and I'm having a problem!

I designed an index page in Photoshop and made slices, now I'm editing in Dreamweaver 8. What I need to do is put my flash menu on the right side of the page. There is also a sliced image on that side. How can I simply insert the menu on top of the image? Every time I try to insert it places the menu on the top, bottom, or side of the image and everything gets messed up. And why can't I just move the menu to where I need it to go?? I'm still teaching myself and learning about this whole web thing, so this may sound like a stupid question. I'd really appreciate any help though! PLEASE...This is driving me crazy and I have no idea why I can't figure this out by now (I'm feeling really dumb).

P.S. The page is made up of four slices - A bar at the top, a bar on the right side, a bar at the bottom, and a content area in the middle.

2. covert215

covert215 Banned

If you want to enter content over the slices, set the slices as the background of the table cell.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!