newbie question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mbcooker

Yesterday, I got so fed up with M$ and their glitchy software, so I decided to make the move to Linux. I have chosen the Slackware distro (I have tried a couple different ones including RedHat and Mandrake and decided I wanted a fast, professional one). Everything is up and running, autodetected. My one problem is that I cannot get my refresh rate above 61 hz. I am a heavy computer user, so if I can't fix this, I'll probably go blind. I am using KDE and it's X11 configuration panel. There is no Geforce 4 MX entry in the panel, so I am using the generic nv setting. I have selected my monitor (a ViewSonic E-771), but as aforementioned, it will not do anything above 61 hz. Thanks in advance for helping me.

Maybe an updated driver from nVidia will help you. They have Linux drivers on their site for download.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online