Newbie to cellphones, seeking help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Insomniac487

So just recently i got a cellphone. Yepp ive been wanting one forever (im 18 just graduated highschool last june), and even freshmans nowadays have them. Heh but better late then never right? Before i had to use my dad's tmobile which was ok, i didnt use it much just rarely. But just recently he got me This one..

It was the only free one at the cingular store. He asked me if i wanted something else, and i said yes but it would cost $50. But na lol, ill take the free one. I dont want my dad paying $50 for something i want, im fine with the one i got. Although i perfer having my mom's motorolla v551-cingular wireless phone. Cause the organziation/layout is better. And there are more options, and its a flip-phone. But its ok, im fine with the one i have

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

My question is, how do you get free ringtones? And is my phone aloud to get it using the wire-connect-to-comp way? Or do i have to have a different type of phone to get it? I see sites All the time that say "Free Ringtone downloads" so i thought i'd get a cool song i like, and make it my ringtone.

Or get new wallpaper/backround..... or applications like a midi-maker / voice recorder

thats mainly all i want. Ringtones, wallpaper, midimaker, and a voice recorder. I know you could pay for it, but cant you get it for free? You just have to have the wire to connect the phone to the comp right? (again if anybody knows which wire for my model type, lemme know) (or any site suggestions, links to guides, etc)

thanks

If your phone is WAP enabled, then you can download directly of the network.
Your new Owners Manual should explain how and if you can connect to your PC or not.

do a search on Google for "free ringtones" and you will see pages and pages of sites. Not all are giving you free ones but you will find many that do; enough under that search phrase to keep you busy until the sun comes up.

487-Seeing we don't have a specific forum on TSG for cellphones I would recommend you go here for a more definitive answer.

Just a quick warning.
My friend download some songs/ringtones and it fried his phone.
Go by what the manual says.

Alan

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online