1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NewDotNet (HiJackLog)

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by electrodug, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. electrodug

electrodug Thread Starter

I helped a friend tonight, who has/had the NewDotNet Trojan Horse virus (Her Norton Anti-Virus refered to it as NNCOR.DLL). I ran the NNuninstall as outlined here. I am including the HiJackThis log from her computer I ran after I ran NNuninstall to see if any problems still exhist. She stays connected to the internet now, so something positive came from my efforts.(y)
    Doug

Attached Files:

2. electrodug

electrodug Thread Starter

My friend just told me Norton Anti-Virus had a message the NNCOR.DLL Trojan Horse virus is still present on her computer after she booted her computer up tonight. She is however able to get and stay online, so NNuninstall must have done some good. Now how do we get the NewDotNet (NNCOE.DLL) Trojan virus off her computer.
    Doug
    (By the Way,I Donated $10.00 To This Site When I Registered An I Am Buying A Shirt Tonight)

3. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

Download ComboFix from Here or Here to your Desktop.

**Note: In the event you already have Combofix, this is a new version that I need you to download. It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Close any open browsers.

2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

• Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
      Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
    • When finished, it will produce a report for you.
    • Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt" along with a new HijackThis log for further review.

**Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall**

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646215

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice