1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Newegg.com and Paypall issues

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by mystic54, Apr 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mystic54

mystic54 Thread Starter

I use Paypal through my bank account. The account is verified, so I wanted to start purchasing items on www.newegg.com. My purchase total came to $60.41 and I had $65 in my Paypal account (successfully transferred from my bank). Upon checking out with newegg.com, I select the option, pay using paypal. After several more screens, I am finally able to submit my order. Shortly there after (usually 5 minutes), I get an email from newegg:

Dear (My Name)

Unfortunately, PayPal has not sent us confirmation that you have completed your
    PayPal transaction. This means you have not confirmed your payment to
    newegg.com on the PayPal website. Therefore, your newegg.com order (order #)
    can not be processed.

We welcome you to contact PayPal to resolve this issue, then reattempt to order
    with us. Alternatively, you are welcome to attempt to reorder through
    newegg.com and select a different payment method.

Sincerely,

Newegg.com Customer Service Team

I spent 15 minutes on the phone with a Paypal representative, and we verified pretty much everything we could and she could still not figure out why I was receiving this email. Has anybody had something similar happen to them?

2. mystic54

mystic54 Thread Starter

Sorry to double post guys but I didn't have time to edit it. Is there a more specific section for this, or a better place to post this? Obviously, I can't contact newegg on the weekends so that's why I am posting on here to see if I can get a jump on this whole thing. Thanks!

3. MGXdb

MGXdb

Ive had this same issue! Were you able to resolve it?

4. mystic54

mystic54 Thread Starter

Nope I didn't but I would like to see if somebody else did.

5. MGXdb

MGXdb

I hope so too, This is very strange.

6. mystic54

mystic54 Thread Starter

If you ever find another forum or somebody that can answer it, no hesitate to email me or send me a private message because I am still very interested in finding out about this issue.

7. MGXdb

MGXdb

ok, will do if you do the same (y)

good luck :)

8. Rfvgyhn

Rfvgyhn

I'm also having the same problem. Verified account and I have enough money in the account. Just wondering if either of you found a solution.

9. MGXdb

MGXdb

Nope nothing yet on this end...

but thanks for posting, the more people we have with this issue, the more likely it is that it will get some attention.

10. USMCMarine

USMCMarine

yeah, i keep getting this email from newegg.

i just googled it for the umteenth time, and finally some other people who are getting this thing

i registered just to respond to this, mebbe someone knows why this is happening, but i have like 70 dollars paypal and its a verified account, hooked up to my bank account, but i keep getting this damn email.

This last time mustve been the 10 or 11th time ive gotten this email after trying to pay thru paypall.

So finally i just took my business to tigerdirect, and its all good. Im thinking this is a problem on paypals end, but why its working with other sites and not newegg is odd, making me wonder if its a newegg problem.

ive got this page bookmarked just in case someone finds a solution.

11. mystic54

mystic54 Thread Starter

Hmm I wonder why it is only newegg with that problem. I really find the chepeast prices there and it really makes me mad that I have to go somewhere else to get my stuff now.

12. davidguttery

davidguttery It's My Birthday!

Hey guys,

I recently placed an order at newegg.com for some intense gaming hardware. total came to be 831.00. I had tranferred 900.00 into the paypal account from a banking account. However, after i select paypal as the payment method and get all the way to the end, it gives me the processing order screen and errors out.

"We apologize that we are not able to authorize payment for your order now.

We encourage you to try again if you feel this message was prompted in error. blah blah

So... i called up newegg and paypal about 5 times trying to get someone from India to give me some ideas. A couple of the paypal people said they have been working on a database issue and that they are having problems with transactions from newegg.com... To check up in the morning (that was yesterday). Still not working, so i called and they are 'still working on it'.

Eh. to say the least i will make a point to setup different payment options, because i was not at all impressed with the transfer to paypal from bank account (took 8 days!) then these problems with newegg.

Hope this helps anyone out there! ;)

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!