Newer browser for OS X 10.2.8 ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lunarlander

Hi,

I got a Mac G4 running OS X 10.2.8.

The last update brought me Safari 1.0.3. The system also has Internet Explorer 5.2.

I have tried installing the latest version of Firefox, but the system complains it can't find some package manifest or something along that line.

Is this G4 now junk ? I just need it for surfing and need a newer browser more compatible with the latest html standards. In Safari 1.0.3, some websites don't display well.

lunarlander

Found it - Opera 9.64 works on Jaguar 10.2.8. released some time 2009.

Can't believe that Apple would leave its users out of a modern browser when they have an older machine. G4 is still reasonably fast for general use like word processing and surfing.

Hi,

I got a Mac G4 running OS X 10.2.8.

The last update brought me Safari 1.0.3. The system also has Internet Explorer 5.2.

I have tried installing the latest version of Firefox, but the system complains it can't find some package manifest or something along that line.

Is this G4 now junk ? I just need it for surfing and need a newer browser more compatible with the latest html standards. In Safari 1.0.3, some websites don't display well.
Are you able to upgrade Safari at all? I'm running 5.0.3 on OS X 10.6.6

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online