1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NEWEST AD-AWARE Update wont download

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Gary R, Oct 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gary R

Gary R Thread Starter

Been trying to download & install definitions file

SE1R125.06.10.2006,Date:06.10.2006

and when I tell it to download, the "Retreiving Update" bar go's to 100% and after 30 seconds or so a box with an X in a red circle appears which says, "The downloaded definitions file could not be read, please update again". I try again with same results.

I've tried downloading it with everything except 'Systray' and 'Explorer' off and still no luck. AVG, and SpyBot downloaded OK this morning but not AdAware.

Anyone else having this problem?

I'm using Freeware version: "Installed core application 1.06r1 Personal"

2. gurutech

gurutech

Yeah, now that you mention it, I tried installing Ad-Aware last night and got the same error. I thought it was because I installed it over another copy, but looks like I wasn't the only one with the issue.

My guess would be to wait a couple days (for them to come up with a new update), and then try the update again....

3. TOGG

TOGG

Just worked OK for me. I haven't opened AdAware for some time and have been seeing threads at various Forums about the delay in updating.

When I did start it up I got a message that my defs were 17 days old and did I want to check for updates, so I did and it all worked fine.

4. gurutech

gurutech

LOL My def files are 499 days old! (until I get home to update them!)

5. Gary R

Gary R Thread Starter

Finally got the Update to download about 3 hours after my original post. Wonder if there was a server problem, or just too many trying to update at once causing trouble? :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/507305

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice