1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Newish Build Boot loop, crashes and BSOD's

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Edd643, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Edd643

Edd643 Thread Starter

Hello and please help.

I have just got hold of some components from a friend and built a system. I have upgraded the PSU and tried 2 sets of RAM. this computer has travelled from abroad and not sure if its all ok?? I have formatted and installed windows 10 x64 on SSD and can get into windows at first. but as soon as I try to do anything with the GPU it goes into a boot loop or BSOD. I have read else where about conflicts with MB Graphic controller.

I can get into safe mode and GPU is now recognised.

Im Stuck!!

Also found this
    DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service ShellHWDetection with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:
    {DD522ACC-F821-461A-A407-50B198B896DC}

and this

Device PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13C2&SUBSYS_31601462&REV_A1\4&1a8e36e5&0&0009 requires further installation.

ASRock Z77 Extreme
    i5 2500 @ 3.30Ghz
    2x 4 GB Ram 1600 (Corsair Vengance or Samsung Green) Tried both
    GPU MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    PSU Seasonic 620w M12 Evo Fully Modular

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

The -
    is indeed the 970
    https://devicehunt.com/view/type/pci/vendor/10DE/device/13C2

Do you have the two 6 pin power connected to the card - it can draw 145Watt and without the two 6 pin power connections it will not receive enough power, as the max on the slot is 75watt

Re the integrated graphics on the CPU I presume they are NOT connected at the I/O plate

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Clipboard.jpg

8 GB(4 GB X 2) DDR3-1600 RAM

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not a hardware/gaming expert, so I'll leave you with Macboatmaster to deal with your current issues.
    However, I still want to give you "my 2 cents" worth of advice.

If your intent is to play the latest games with that newly-built computer, you may be disappointed in its gaming ability.
    The performance of its NVIDIA graphics card is probably going to be handicapped by the performance of its Intel processor.
    And it having only 8 GB of RAM instead of 16 GB or more is probably going to handicap gaming quality.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231323

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice