1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Newly built computer -> no boot (Chasis wire to mobo problem?)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hansoffate, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hansoffate

hansoffate Thread Starter

I have built around 10 computers from ordering parts at newegg, as well as, I do some simple repair and help desk at UCD. This is the first time I have ever had a problem hooking up the Chasis cables to the motherboard.

My beepcode is 1 long repeating beep.

I have hooked up my Power Switch, Reset Switch, HD LED, but for some reason my POWER LED has a connection for 3 jumpers, instead of 2 like the rest. The connection is White Wire, Nothing, Greeen Wire. If i try connecting it, one of the wires doesnt touch the correct jumper.

Am I over looking something? Should I try removing one of the wires and putting it in the one that is empty? Can I get one of the 2 slot connections?

I tried booting it with only 1 of the wires making a connection, but the computer doesn't even boot. The CPU fan kicks on and it starts beeping.

Thanks for the help,
    Hans

2. replay

replay

the computer will boot without the led connected...... your problem is elsewhere.....look at the memory compatibility

3. hansoffate

4. replay

replay

your link is dead
    see what kind of bios u have on your mobo(go to mfr site) and look up beep code(s)

5. replay

replay

6. hansoffate

Here is the hardware I used.

Mobo
    http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813135202

CPU
    http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16819116004

RAM
    http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820211061

I think the mobo is running AWARD bios, as you posted. I am getting a long repeating beep (about 3 seconds).

I tried rotating out my RAM, which didn't fix the problem.
    My CPU fan does turn on and spin while it is beeping. After reading the bios link you sent me, I have narrowed down my error to these options.

Continuous beeping, each lasting about three seconds. The beeping does not stop. Seems to be CPU related. Submitted by baders.

Repeating (endless loop) Memory error Check for improperly seated or missing memory.

Award BIOS 6.00PG/Asus P4T-E: 4 long beeps when turning on your system might indicate yout CPU fan is either damaged ot running to slow. Check your CPU fan. Clean or replace it with a new one.

I'm going to Fry's to get some parts to test out what might be wrong with it. I was going to try to get a new MOBO, and see if that fixes the problem.

Now that I have read your link, maybe I should try buying another LGA 775 fan and connecting it. It seems as though the fan is spinning and working properly though.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help,
    Hans

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/658862

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice