1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Newly Built PC, BSOD problems after Windows 7 Installation?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by CaeDares, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CaeDares

CaeDares Thread Starter

Hey everyone, I'm not exactly a huge computer geek, but I do have some knowledge. Whatever you tell me to do, I'll try my best to get done.

I bought a brand new PC a few months ago, (I'll post specs and things after my problem and what I've done to try and fix it) but was unable to use it due to my old hard drive suddenly getting a Bad S.M.A.R.T. error, which pretty much told me instantly that I could no longer use it (I do still have it, but it's collecting a little dust.)
    Anyways, I had to buy myself a brand new hard drive, a Seagate Barracuda SATA Hard Drive, 500GB.
    I installed it perfectly fine, it seemed to be working good, I started installing Windows 7 Ultimate, and then BAM. Everything suddenly locks up. I give it about an hour, thinking it's just trying to register something so it's gonna take a bit of time. I come back and it's still frozen solid, so I give it a restart and try again.
    This is where the problem begins.
    I didn't think that Windows 7 had finished installing, so I went in to try it again. I went through all the same options, except there seems to be another disk, even though I have no other disk installed. When I chose my primary disk it told me there was an older version of Windows already installed and that it would of course be moved to "windows.old", I said yeah, ok, I can just delete that later.
    It's been quite a few hours since that's happened and I can't specifically remember what happened at the point ( I'm pretty sure I was blue screened, or the computer restarted itself ), but after that point my PC was getting blue screens left and right.

I've tried all of the following:
    Starting windows in Safe Mode / with networking / with command prompt, all 3 ending up in a blue screen at precisely the same point.
    I've tried starting Windows normally, ended up with a Blue screen at the same point as the 3 safe mode tries.
    I've tried taking out my ram, blowing them clean, and putting them back in.
    I've tried using only 1 ram stick at a time
    I've tried ChkDsk and Startup Repair, which of course did nothing (Startup repair has honestly NEVER helped me in the slightest, but I still give it a go as a last resort)
    I've tried doing a system restore, but I couldn't because there were no "saved" points and It wouldn't give me the option to just comepletely reformat it.
    And finally, I've tried taking apart my ENTIRE system down to the Motherboard, and plugging everything back in as they were (This is my very first built computer, so just in case, I took photos of where each cord went in case I forgot or if I had some extra female / male's or other types of plugin's / cords left over.

I've been able to get back into the Windows Installation Screen without a problem, the blue screen stopped appearing. Apparently I have 2 Window 7's installed, (I'm guessing one is in windows.old while the other one is the currently active one

I tried getting into Windows Installation for a final time and it blue screened, giving me no specific error except for the STOP code:
    0x0000007F ( 0X00000008, 0X83939750, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

My specs:

BIOS Version 0901 x64
    AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor

Total Memory - 4080 MB (DDR3 1333MHz)
    EC Version - MBECG-0016

I honestly can't tell you what motherboard / graphics card specifics I have without taking it entirely apart again, I'm guessing it doesn't tell me in the BIOS (I just went through and searched for it)

If you absolutely need to know what all I have, I will take it apart and tell you, but if you don't I'd rather not.
    If anyone can help, please do so, I've been waiting to use this PC for months :(

EDIT: I gave my PC a rest since I posted this and just now tried starting it up again and getting into Windows Installation. I got the BlueScreen error "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA"
    I'll try to post all the bluescreens i find.

2EDIT: On normal startup I got the error "STOP: 0X0000007E ( 0XFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0XFFFFF8000271AC22, 0XFFFFF88003B328A8, 0XFFFFF88003B32100)

3EDIT: Tried once again to start up the windows Installation and it flat out locked up at the Windows Logo, "Starting Windows", the only part of the logo to appear was a little red dot.

4EDIT: I managed to get into Safe Mode, but the Windows Installation wasn't complete so it forced me to reboot and go into Normal Startup to complete the setup.

2. dai

dai

3. CaeDares

CaeDares Thread Starter

Just curious, how exactly am I supposed to use that on my PC if i cant even get it started? I have no CD's to burn it onto, is it possible for me to boot from a USB and use it that way?

4. CaeDares

CaeDares Thread Starter

Alright I remembered there being an option to boot from my USB on the PC so I went ahead and gave it a go with both .iso's and it gave me this:
    "Remove any disks or media
    Press any key to restart"

So I did so, i took out the Windows Installation CD and ran it again It give me the same error.

5. dai

dai

did you burn them as a iso

did you set the bios to boot first from usb

6. CaeDares

CaeDares Thread Starter

What do you mean burn them as an ISO?

Yes, I went straight into BIOS and told it to boot the USB before anything.

7. dai

dai

8. CaeDares

CaeDares Thread Starter

We'll isn't the only purpose for that to burn onto a CD? Like I said, I don't have any CD's and It might take some time to buy them.

If this is the only way, then I can buy some CD's later.

EDIT: Just so I know for sure, I'm looking to get DVD-R's correct? Not CD-R's?

9. dai

dai

they fit on a cd

the last link is for usb

10. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Windows 7 must be on a DVD not a CD, as it will not fit on one when one "Expands" the iso to setup files.

Where did you get this ISO file that you are burning to a CD or DVD?

11. dai

dai

we are referring to iso's for killdisk ect.not windows

12. CaeDares

CaeDares Thread Starter

Ok, I've got a Kingston Flash Drive with almost 500MB of space and a whole crapload of CD-R's.

I took my chances and wrote one of the ISO's onto the CD, when I tried to boot the CD before the harddrive and the flash drive, it merely skipped over it as if nothing was there and went straight to the hard drive.

I did the isotousb download you gave me and it doesn't seem to work when i plug the USB in, When I start the USB boot first, it sends me to a blank screen with a blinking, white underscore and doesn't seem to progress any further.
    I opened the USB and there was a "WARNING" text file ( i went through all the text files in there) and it told me I could press different F keys as commands, such as "F3 to display commands". When i went in and did so, nothing happened in the slightest., NOTE: I used the Dan Bomb/nuke whatever .iso that you gave me.
    I tried using the other .iso from the KillDiskSuite and it did exactly t.he same thing.

However, I am now able to boot up in normal mode, the problem is that it still want's to install windows. When it tries to do so, flashes black with the cursor in the corner and then gives me a warning saying there was an error and I must restart to continue the installation. I did so and it just repeats.

13. dai

dai

did you d/load the dos 4.1 version

14. CaeDares

CaeDares Thread Starter

There was only one download link. It didn't give me a version, it was just the download. The .iso i have says 2.2.6

15. dai

dai

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!