Newly Built Pc not Booting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mazerlan

image.jpgimage.jpgThis is my first time building a pc and have watched many tutorials on how to build one. Then after all components arrived I put all together and connected. Then after plugging it in the socket and turning it on, the monitor still said no signal. Even on the pc there was a red light for a few seconds but then did not appear unless I turned the pc on again. Everything is moving fine, psu fan is spinning, cpu and case fan are also spinning fine. Lights on the motherboard work and the blue light on the case also works. I heard the red light is supposed to blink but as said before it shows for a few seconds and then turns off.

Attachments

crjdriver

OK the very first thing you need to do is post an exact parts list; exact motherboard, exact processor, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

Next there is a guide at the top of the forum for "Problem builds" Read the guide and if you follow ALL of the steps, you will find the cause of your no POST issue.

Mazerlan

OK the very first thing you need to do is post an exact parts list; exact motherboard, exact processor, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

Next there is a guide at the top of the forum for "Problem builds" Read the guide and if you follow ALL of the steps, you will find the cause of your no POST issue.
Yes, sorry I am quite new to this so I realised you can’t do much without knowing the hardware!

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600
CPU Fan: AMD fan? (Came with CPU does not tell me what it is called)
RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8 3200MHz
Memory: Kingston SSD A400 240GB
Video Card: MSI NVIDIA GeForce GT 710
Case: Aerocool CS-1102 Case only
PSU: AeroCool Integrator 500w

crjdriver

Never going to work until you update the bios to at least F40 or later. Given the age of that motherboard 2.5yr old since release, no way did that board ship with a bios that supports a 3xxx processor.
You have basically two choices;
1 Get hold of a 1xxx or 2xxx series processor and flash the bios to one that will support your processor
2 RMA the motherboard and go with a board that has native support for the 3xxx processors ie an X570 or B550 board
3 There is a third option which would be to bring the board to a shop and have them flash the bios for you. Do understand that when you have this done, the shop will not assume any risk; any bios flash is done at the owner's risk

If this were me, I would go with option #2

While you may have other problems, the very first thing is to get a motherboard that will support the cpu.

Last edited:

crjdriver

One other item regarding bios updates on gigabyte boards. Read the notes for the release. You may have to update to an intermediate bios prior to updating to F40 or later. If you see a suffix on a gigabyte bios ie F50e or similar, those bios are usually beta. IF you do update the bios, the only way I ever update a bios on a gigabyte board is by using QFlash which is a utility built into the bios. IMO using a windows based update program is just adding another layer of complexity to the task [and one more thing to go wrong]

Just an observation however the pw supply you listed is a very low quality unit; only a 1yr warranty. While it is not causing your current problem, there is no way I would use that pw supply. IMO it is asking for a problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!