1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

newly burned dvd not playing on dvd player

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by pcclan, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pcclan

pcclan Thread Starter

I created a movie of a phot montage and music using windows movie maker. I saved it as a wmv file. I used the software which was on my computer (sonyrx860), called Veritas, to burn the dvd. It went fine. I can play it on my computer. But I can't play it on my dvd player, sony or Mintek. Someone told me you have to switch from wmv file to mpg file for the dvd player to read the burned dvd. Is this true? If so, how do I change the file.

2. Kromos

Kromos

yip,thats right ,coz your dvd player wony be able to read wmv files......

3. $teve

$teve

First you need convert your wmv files to mpeg2 format.
    Then you can use a dvdauthoring tool of your choice to create
    your vobs along with the required dvd file structure to burn with nero!!!
    TMPGEnc I think should do that for you.

;)

4. pcclan

pcclan Thread Starter

I appreciate $teve's help. I downloaded the 30 day trial of TMPGEnc Plus 2.5. I took my wmv file and put it in and when it was done converting, it was in a tpr file. Then I tried to save that as an mpeg file and it came up as two files, m2v and wav. I assume that there are two because one part is audio and one is video. I admit I am a novice at this, but I am trying hard to understand. I am creating a phot montage with music for my husband's 40th birthday and I need to get this done asap. I'll appreciate any help. Thanks, pcclan

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172159

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice