1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

newly installed os running slow

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chewie1012, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chewie1012

chewie1012 Thread Starter

I have a computer I have been working on. It has a connection to a risk server through a serial connection, a connection to a phone management server and a connection to a dsl network. After the phone nic was added and any software to access the phone management servers website the computer started running slowly. If you are typing on a site or a form it will stop typing and in about 30 seconds you will see the text like it is catching up. The computer is a 800 mhz pentium gateway with winxp pro and 448 mb of ram. The os has just recently been installed and I am pretty sure it is free of spyware and viruses.
    any help would be appreciated.
    Jerry

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Ust Task Manager - Processes tab to find out which application or program is using the resources. Its a reasonable place to start.

3. chewie1012

that does sound reasonable. I will try it thank you.

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Is the OS seeing all of the installed ram?

5. chewie1012

Yes it does see all of the ram.
    I am wondering if it is a problem with the Network card or the software to run the phone management system. I am going to look at it tomorrow but was hoping to have some ammunition to take with me.
    Jerry

6. ~Candy~

Will the software for the phone management system run in safe mode with network support? And if so, play nicer?

7. chewie1012

You ask good Questions Ms Candy. I shall get back to you on this one in the AM. I am checking the safemode on the other one as we speak.

8. chewie1012

Candy and all concerned,
    This computer is running absolutely fine today. If its not broke....
    Thanks,
    Jerry

9. ~Candy~

Without you changing anything?

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271102

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice