newly installed os running slow

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chewie1012

I have a computer I have been working on. It has a connection to a risk server through a serial connection, a connection to a phone management server and a connection to a dsl network. After the phone nic was added and any software to access the phone management servers website the computer started running slowly. If you are typing on a site or a form it will stop typing and in about 30 seconds you will see the text like it is catching up. The computer is a 800 mhz pentium gateway with winxp pro and 448 mb of ram. The os has just recently been installed and I am pretty sure it is free of spyware and viruses.
any help would be appreciated.
Jerry

Ust Task Manager - Processes tab to find out which application or program is using the resources. Its a reasonable place to start.

chewie1012

Yes it does see all of the ram.
I am wondering if it is a problem with the Network card or the software to run the phone management system. I am going to look at it tomorrow but was hoping to have some ammunition to take with me.
Jerry

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Will the software for the phone management system run in safe mode with network support? And if so, play nicer?

chewie1012

You ask good Questions Ms Candy. I shall get back to you on this one in the AM. I am checking the safemode on the other one as we speak.

chewie1012

Candy and all concerned,
This computer is running absolutely fine today. If its not broke....
Thanks,
Jerry

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online