1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

newly installed win 2000 professional

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by pnoy22, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pnoy22

pnoy22 Thread Starter

a little help here please i'm confused. Just installed 2000 professional on my computer old one ( a Dell 450mhz p2 ) i'ts up and running and just added a 128 mb ram pc100 mem stick . I think it's recognizing it coz when i do check from device manager it saying i have now 228 total from 96 ram. But when i downloaded AIM express and tried to install it , it's saying not enough mem i need at least 128 and its detecting that i only have 96.???? Tried to install itunes also but it only goes as far as copying files and will disappear with out any messages or error code. very confused ??? will appreciate any help thanks

2. 1_rob_1

1_rob_1

If your graphics are onboard, the card will be 64mb shared. so this is taken off your main memory dropping it to 96mb

3. prunejuice

prunejuice

I doubt any Pentium II has 64MB of onboard graphics memory.
    Perhaps the memory wasn't seated properly and came loose.

4. 1_rob_1

1_rob_1

Hi Prunejuice, you're right, I didnt read the original post correctly.
    It probably is the mem loose/not seated correctly or duff.

5. pnoy22

pnoy22 Thread Starter

No my video is not onboard, and checked it if they're loose or not seated right , they're tight and locked. any more idea thanks

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/434811

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice