1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Newly purchased Lenovo V110 running very slow and freezing

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by sheduntno, Jul 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sheduntno

sheduntno Thread Starter

I bought this laptop 6 weeks ago. It worked great at first . There have been two Windows 10 critical updates since purchase.

Now it locks up and freezes, runs VERY slowly to the point that I will type a phrase and see nothing...then it slowly appears where I typed it. Sometimes the mouse won't even work and I have to hard boot it to restart. Lenovo just says "system restore". REALLY? On a 6 week old computer?

Arghhhhhhhhh

Advice?

Thank you.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100U CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 78 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3893 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 426 GB (330 GB Free); D: 24 GB (23 GB Free);
    Motherboard: LENOVO, LNVNB161216
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Yes, I'd do a system restore to when it was working properly or even better yet a full system reset. If its still running slow after a reset then you may have faulty hardware and it can be sent in for warranty service.

sheduntno likes this.
  3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    sheduntno likes this.
  4. sheduntno

sheduntno Thread Starter

Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for responding. I had already tried Lenovo Diagnostics tool (found nothing wrong ) but I didn't know about the Lenovo Vantage, thank you for that. I had an epiphany soon after I posted this issue. The only thing I had not done was suspect Windows 10 of being the problem. So out of curiosity I went to Microsoft Windows 10 support. They have a chat feature there , so I connected with a technician who did a remote bridge with me...looked at my computer and saw the problem. I had two Windows 10 critical updates since I bought the laptop. One of them had not installed properly so the files were corrupt. Windows 10 updates do NOT delete previous versions when they install so it installed the 21nd one alongside the one with corrupt files. The solution was to go to Windows Update Cleanup utility and clear out all the corrupt files. The laptop is now running perfectly! Cursed Windows 10...….

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!