News & Interests coming to your PC soon

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
I downloaded the CU preview yesterday & there’s a new ‘kid’ in town - the News & Interests entry in the taskbar. It’s easily seen as it’s a yellow/orange crescent moon.
This shows News, Weather, travel & Entertainment amongst other things. It can be removed from the taskbar/Notification area by right clicking on the taskbar & unticking the news & interests entry.

Another useless 'innovation' from M$, who probably collects commission to provide links to selected sites. I have my own set of bookmarks thank you.

Another useless 'innovation' from M$, who probably collects commission to provide links to selected sites. I have my own set of bookmarks thank you.
You don't have to use it, easily turned off, same as the People tool that was added some time back. The News & Interests tool is customizable and looks to be a handy and quick way to grab news and weather, stocks, or whatever is chosen, all without needing to open a browser or other app. It's a welcome addition within feature update 21H1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online