Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Newterk AC1200 wifi dongle no longer connects to usb port

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  dmccoy 
#1 ·
hey y'all, i've got an issue with my dongle. the title states the main symptom. before that happened, i needed pressure to get the conductors to connect, and before that, it worked just fine. this all happened over a span of 4 days. can anyone tell me what i need to do to fix this without replacing my dongle? im trying to start an online bike store and need this adapter working ASAP.

#2 ·
If you had to apply pressure to get it installed you may have tried to plug it in upside down and may have possibly damaged something on either the cable or USB port. Have you tried other ports or computers to possibly narrow it down to the Adapter?

#3 ·
I know not to force an improperly oriented USB plug. It was plugged in correctly, and I tried all available ports, even down to switching the mouse with the adapter. I then tested them all with the mouse, knowing it works, and they all accepted the mouse with no pressure on the plug whatsoever. I also tried plugging the adapter into my grandpas laptop, though it doesn't have the drivers, just to see if the adapter got power. Nope.

#4 ·
I was just trying to cover the basics. I am not sure it will show anything on another computer until the drivers are installed to test.

#5 ·
Its actually one of those without a cable. Just a usb dongle with an antenna on it. I was simply testing for power using the other computer, as the adapter has a blue led that flashes when it has power and when connected. Alas, I had no luck. I had them send a new one, but I still want to fix this one if I can so I have a spare.

#6 ·
Ok, I understand and if the power light doesn't show then it is probably a bad not worth fixing since they don't costs much to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.