Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NFS Carbon. Anybody playing?

4K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  kidzrule 
#1 ·
OK, more of the same with a few new twists. Since racing games are among my favorites Carbon will do.

I am driving the 68 Camaro. I have played enough to mod it yet but I'll have her hopped to the max before long. :D

Much better than Most Wanted turned out to be. This one I want to play. Most Wanted was a chore.

#3 ·
I like it for the muscle cars and the game play is interesting. Man for once I can get a real powerslide going. Kick the arse of that Camaro out and turn into her and you have cornered.

Yeah I am liking it pretty much. I can't say "best" because I love NFSU but I can say "almost equal". ;) Yeah, good game. :D

#5 ·
Well, Skivv I hate to break bad news...
I thought it was great at first too.. Real easy.
But.....

It all starts to go south when you take the last of the first 3 areas on the map..
I was kicking butt with my camaro too.. But "Race Wars" on the last area I took. (Right after the top section unlocks ) They put my class 2 car against Porche Carrera GT's..
Class 3 cars, I hadn't even unlocked class 3 cars. :down:

OMG! Are they fast. Class 3 car, no mods (not unlocked yet) and I can't even break the top 6.
I used a trainer just to finish and see whats what..
I had to use the "Super acceleration" just to beat these guys. Even with a fully modded Mclaren SLR.

Sad thing is, the best cars are only unlocked when you finish.. So what's the point?
You unlock the Audi (lead character car), a Camaro Concept, A modded Lamborghini, and the Koenigsegg super car.. But they can only be use in "Quick Race" mode.. :down:

When I saw the car list I was impressed, but you don't get all of them in career mode.. What the heck EA?...

Ah..
*End Rant.

#6 ·
I finished this game in 2 days. Maybe 6-8 hours of total play. It is painfully easy on the first 3 areas. After that it really steps up a notch and you are forced to tune your car in order for it to hang with the class 3 cars. I was able to grab the pink slip for the RX-7 so this made it a little easier for me. The muscle cars are nice but you need a tuner if you want to win the canyon races as handling is key for winning those. I used the camaro to win all 3 of the bottom areas. Then used the RX-7 when i won the pink slip for it. After that i used the mitsubishi lancer evo to win the game. I tried winning it with the challenger concept car but it's handling would not allow me to crush my oppenent in the canyon race. Cool game overall but the previous NFS games were harder to complete.

I also used a game pad in the game. Using the keyboard is quite difficult compared to using a game pad. If you find you are having trouble pick up a game pad and give it another go.

#7 ·
im playing it on the ps2 but i have only won 2 of the final area checkpoint races...
did unlock a mercedes tho but cannot afford it :(
driving a Dodge Charger R/T
thats such a charm in canyon races but against tier 3 its not usefull.
does some one have any good tips for how to tune the car ?

#8 ·
Muscle cars by design don't handle well.. I think the game even states that.
If you want fast in a strait line then chose muscle..

I used the Camaro and Charger I won.. But found the Camaro handled better..
Even fully tuned the charger just didn't want to turn very well.

The muscle cars are awsome drifters.. :up: All the power, just tap the e-brake to start the slide and hold the gas.. You can power slide almost every turn.

Anyone finding the cops way harder in this one?
I thought they fixed the NFS curse with Most Wanted.. but its back.

How in the heck can a Civic catch a fully modded Laborghini?
What are these programmers smoking? Give us a chance or even a reward for having a wicked fast car..
And have you tried to pit these cops?.. Oh man, You gotta nail one hard in the back to spin them..

Ah.. More rants..

As for tuning.. Notice your cars weak points.. Top end, acceleration, cornering. and set your part to compensate.. You can even go back and repurchase the same parts to change the setup.. It won't cost anything, but lets you try different configurations.

#9 ·
yeah i found out about the reconfig of your already bought parts...
well the charger does it nicely. but vs tier3 you really gotta watch every corner.
did win some races with it again.

only those canyon races are so hard... tried with tuning and exotic but didnt work that well.
my charger just drifts along the corners but somehow it didnt drift as i wanted any more in those tier 3 tracks.

ande indeed muscle is great i drifting havig some nice multipiers with it too.

kinda maxed out the HP and look at it reving up.....
does rev faster as a tier 3 car but corners are the weak spots.

also got that porsche unlocked only gotta save up some cash to buy it :D

edit:
also did anyone use the chop top autosculpt thing yet ?
i did and if i go to low some weird black looking roof comes visible dont like it :S

btw,
i can buy
#1, Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
#2, Porsche Carrera GT
#3, Plymouth HEMI `cuda

1 and 2 seem both good.
mercedes got more accel. but porsche got more handling.

what seems the best option ?

#10 ·
??? I went with the Mcaren because I just like it better. :D

Wish you could use the Audi, Koenigsegg, and the Camaro concept in career mode.

Hey, how'd you get the Porche GT?... It only unlocked for me after I finished the game.
I stared with Muscle..

Started a new one with tuner this time.
Have one zone complete now (tuner), left one section in another (exotic), and am working on the third.(Muscle)

#11 ·
i started with the exotic and did it with the charger.... if you learn to handle it better and change some tuning it rocks and can beat tier 3 cars ^_^
it was some checkpoint race that unlocked that car for me :cool:
driving the porsche now too with upgrade already :D
i runs nice but still some weird evo lancer that corners like a mad man....in a canyon race
no way its possible to win that race :O

also a good option if you unlocked the subaru impreza to buy it for canyon as the car has full handling and can take on corners at higher speed.

edit:
at the last boss race that guy drives like mad, it like impossible to gain on him.
drives so fast and trough corners to....
never mind i did finish it the last canyon race was hard tho but it was possible after 40 retries orso.
by colliding with him in the first corner and stayig infront for 10 sec ^_^ i knew it was possible its a good tip for other too.
can save lots of retries by just trieng to find a good spot to catch up and over taking him.

did it with lots of canyon races and isnt that hard if you know where to do it good luck for the guys who still gotta beat the game 8)

#12 ·
I know, I was using a trainer for instant speed and had a time trying to stay with the last guy.
A challenge is one thing, but near impossible is just plain wrong.

...Hmm, I guess I'll need to start with exotic next and see what unlocks.. It did say what you chose determines your unlocks..

#17 ·
OK, A few others..
I recommend unlocking the 240SX as soon as you can. It's an awesome tier 1 car. :up:
(I think it's collector edition only, not sure)

Supra is wicked fast and great handling too. (Not quite like the Evo)
The Camaro is just.. because I like how they look. I like the Charger better, but the Camaro handles better in-game..

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.