NFSUG 2 Initial start screen only

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Warezpuppy

Hi I installed NFSUG 2 and was running fine. Then when I last started it the first start screen appeared then it went black and got a message that it had to close speed2.exe
problems. I tried restarting a couple of times with same results. Tested other games all worked fine. I reinstalled the game completly, after reinstall I still get the same problem.

Error Signature

AppName: speed2.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: speed2.exe

ModVer: 0.0.0.0 OffSet: 001d24c0

Does anyone have any ideas as it seems to be only with this game when I reinstalled beforehand I ran a registry cleaner and did a virus check all clear. The only thing I have installed since last start was nVidea updated driver so i did a rollback to the previous driver and it still made no difference, and as i said the other games work and no conflicts apparent anywhere else that I know of.
I applied the NoCD by RELOADED to it and it was working fine with that fix. Then when it stopped working the error referred to speed2.exe. So I tried installing the game to run with CD2 the error does'nt appear with the program installed this way but it still is'nt running for some reason I only get the first picture then the screen goes black then just goes back to the desktop. At this time the CD Rom is still running CD2. I did a dxdiag test and no conflicts. Much Thanx in Advance for any help in solving this problem.

Warezpuppy

Yes I have DirectX 9.0c I have also thoroughly scanned for viruses and spyware. As i said i ran a dxdiag test with no conflicts. And scanned with 3 antispywares and it was clean I also checked the registry with TuneUp utilities and RegistryFix. Apart from the fact NFSUG 2 wont run there is no problems that I'm aware of. I tried to update the program as I have version 1.0 and I noticed when downloading the NoCD fix that there was 2 different patches for it vers 1.0 & 1.1 So I dont know why it wont update. The program is registered but there was'nt any information about updates there. Thanx anyway for your suggestion, I wish it was that simple. :rolleyes:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online