Ngen.exe failure in windows reinstall

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

maxirage

I am having a tough time reinstalling my windows. On the 22 of Jan, i was hit with a virus and did many things to find it and get rid of it. It was suggested that for me to wipe out the hard drive, i need to delete all partitions....however, i have been unable to even find where the partitions segment is on the resinstallion of windows xp . bigger question or point is that I could not delete and then reinstall windows xp. While reinstalling it, I received " Ngen.exe
procedure entry point GetRequestedRuntimeVersion not in dynamic link library mscorre.dll.
this does not look good.
I turned on the computer, threw the start up disk in and proceeded. i did not wipe out of the hard drive and the reinstall was flawed.
I am trying to get rid of the virus so i can switch to high speed and this is impending the change!
Help would be appreciated. tx :(

maxirage

does this mean,since the computer still was not cleaned, that my install disk is now infected?

bearone2

Banned
unless you have something totally different from most xp installs, after you've selected install, you should get to a page that allows to follow the prompts to remove, then create/format and then the install starts.

maxirage

didn't see it. however, i will pay closer attention when i try this again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online