1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NIC card driver problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bobmheather, Sep 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobmheather

bobmheather Thread Starter

I recently installed a d-link dfe-530tx+ pci network adapter in a '95 machine. The driver that came with it wasn't compatible with '95 so i downloaded the right one from d-links website. I unzipped the file and when I tried to run the install it gives me the message " Exec Failed". when I try to get the comp to auto detect the new hardware it is unable to, and the list of network adapters to choose from doesn't include the one I installed. What should I do? Thanks for the help.

2. Aaron.W

Aaron.W

I have a 530 too. I think you have to reread the directions in that zip file. You can use the hardware install wizard and hit the "Have disk" button to direct it to the drivers. If you want to use the "Update drivers" wizard from the Device Mangler, use the manual method and direct it to the folder where you unzipped the drivers.

Use the Win95 folder if you have the early versions of Win95 (4.00.950-950a) and use the Win98 folder if you have a version equal to or above 4.00.950b.

Just to be sure, here is the correct driver download: ftp://ftp.dlink.com/NIC/dfe530tx+/Driver/dfe530TX+_driver_5397.exe, which supercedes the earlier version: "dfe530TX+_driver_051801.exe"

If all else fails and a redownload of this self-extracting zip doesn't help, the generic driver to use is described as a "Realtek 8139" based card.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166118

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice